YVEA’s Qualified Solar Installer Program
YVEA established a Qualified Solar Installers Program to provide a list of reputable solar installers to our members. Before being added to the list, installers must go through a vetting process to ensure they provide expert advice and quality service.
While you are welcome to choose whichever installer you prefer, we recommend you choose one of the professionals on this list. Doing so will help you avoid aggressive sales techniques, dishonesty, completion issues, code violations, no follow-up after project completion, and overall dissatisfaction with installer performance.
To become a YVEA Qualified Solar Installer, installers must:
- Be a NABCEP-certified professional. The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is the most respected, well-established, and widely recognized national certification organization for professionals in the field of renewable energy.
- Have been in business for at least 12 months under the same leadership, corporate name, and business license.
- Have completed YVEA’s Qualified Solar Installer Training.
- Have successfully completed two or more projects in our area in the last 12 months (with no issues).
- Have not received more than two written complaints in the last 12 months from YVEA’s members; and have no unresolved written correction requests from YVEA.
- Have signed YVEA’s Ethics Pledge committing them to conduct their business with integrity, honesty, quality, and with environmental, social, and financial responsibility. View YVEA Qualified Solar Installer Pledge (PDF)
- Carry liability insurance of $1,000,000.
- Have company logos on company vehicles and workers’ uniforms.
If you are a solar installer and would like to become a YVEA’s Qualified Solar Installer, please contact YVEA by email.