Summer Energy Savings
While our YVEA service territory is known as an outdoor paradise with moderate temperatures and lots of sunshine, summers can get warm during the day. Stay cool and comfortable this summer with these no-cost and low-cost energy efficiency tips.
- Close blinds and drapes during the day to keep heat out.
- If you have air conditioning, set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you are home. Set it to a higher temperature when you are away.
- Turn off lights, ceiling fans, and any portable fans when you leave a room.
- Plant trees and shrubs to shade the exterior of your home.
- Use solar lighting to brighten up your outdoor space. It’s low maintenance and uses the sun to generate electricity.