Trim your holiday energy costs by choosing energy-efficient LED lights this holiday season
LED Holiday Lights
- Are more energy efficient. They consume 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Last longer. LEDs last approximately 50,000 hours. Compared to 1,000 hours for standard bulbs.
- Are safer. LED lights remain cool to the touch even when on for hours. In contrast, traditional holiday lights become hot to the touch after they’ve been lit for several hours. This may lead to a risk of house fires.
- Remember to limit the number of connected strings to the manufacturer’s recommendations and do not overload your outlets.
- Never install lights with broken bulbs.
- Use the right ladder for the job.
- Make sure the bulbs you use are UL-listed. Outdoor bulbs must be rated for external use.
- Use the correct extension cords.