Smart Thermostats Are Now Available for Line Voltage Electric Heating
Check out the MYSA smart thermostat to see how much you can save.
A smart thermostat is a Wi-Fi enabled device that automatically adjusts heating and cooling temperature settings in your home for optimal performance and savings.
- Set your schedule: Smart thermostats aim to learn your schedule, but you can help it out by setting your schedule via its interface or web app. Over the next week or so, you and your new thermostat will work together to create the right program for your home.
- Start Saving: The Department of Energy estimates savings of about 1 percent for each degree of thermostat adjustment per 8 hours and recommends turning thermostats back 7 to 10 degrees from their normal settings for 8 hours per day to achieve annual savings of up to 10%.
- Go low: Smart thermostats steer you towards energy efficient temperatures, but you can save even more money by finding ways to keep yourself warm while the house stays cooler. Bundle up and enjoy the savings!
- Adjust your temperature: When you’re not following your typical weekly schedule, remember to adjust your temperature accordingly via the companion app.
- Use the companion app and web portal: The app is an extension of your thermostat! Use it to lower the temp when you step out for a few hours of errands or coming home later than your usual schedule.
- Set up vacations: Use the vacation feature on smart thermostats to easily lower the heat while you’re away. (Be careful – if frozen pipes are a risk in your area, keep your “away” temperature around 55 degrees).
- Analyze your energy use: Look at the monthly reports to see how you did. Try to beat your previous month – and other users in your area!