Rays Up Community Solar Project

Who can qualify?

To qualify for this program, participants must pay their own electric bill to Yampa Valley Electric and their total household income must be at, or below, 80% of the area median income of their county. YVEA Net Meter members and Yampa Valley Community Solar members do not qualify for the Ray’s Up Program. Community Budget Center (CBC) generally uses previous years’ tax returns as income verification. This project is available to members in Colorado and Wyoming.

How do I submit my application?

Please note the current application cycle has ended. We will be accepting applications again in 2024. When the application cycle is open again in 2024, members will be able to download the application to fill out. After it is filled out and backup documents are gathered, here are the ways members can submit their applications:

  • Send documents to Community Budget Center, who will be vetting all applicants
  • Stop by YVEA Offices. We can provide printouts of the application and can scan and send in your application with supporting documents. Please note we will be unable to print out any supporting documents for you. If you would like to use this method, we ask that members remain onsite until we scan and transmit the application, so we can return all confidential and supporting documents after scanning items.
    • Craig Office: 3715 East US 40
    • Steamboat Office: 2211 Elk River Road
What documents will I need to include with my application?

Proof of income for all adult household members:

  • For all adult household members (18+) who filed Federal Income Taxes: please provide the 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ Forms from their most recent year's Federal Income Tax Return
  • For all household members (except those under 18 years of age) who are not legally required to file Federal Income Taxes: please provide documentation for each source of income. Acceptable income documents include yearly Social Security statements/award letters (SS, SSI, SSDI), yearly pension statements, W-2s (job income), tax form 1099 (investments or other miscellaneous income), etc. Pay stubs and bank statements are acceptable.
  • Contact the Community Budget Center if you are unsure of what to send