Energy Conservation During Colder Temps
YVEA is seeing extreme cold and winter weather arriving in our area over the next few days. Below are some ways members can help reduce their energy usage and lessen the impact of larger-than-normal winter bills. Some factors that may impact YVEA's energy costs are out of our and our member's control, including storm intensity, global events, and price volatility in the commodity market, which is why we want to emphasize the importance of energy conservation to help control your costs.
- Energy Hero Tips and Tricks: Easy ways to conserve energy in your daily life could impact your utility bills.
- Lower Your Thermostat When You're Away: Set thermostats to 58 degrees when you're not at home.
- Financial Assistance: If you are having trouble paying your bill, YVEA can assist members with ways to get bill assistance.
- Heat Tape and Space Heaters: Only use these items when you need to, as they can cause utility bills to skyrocket.
- Electric Baseboard Heaters: When you leave home, turn your baseboard heat off or down to save money.
- Setup Daily kWh Usage Alerts: You can set up usage alerts through your SmartHub app. These alerts will help remind you to conserve energy if your usage increases.
YVEA is committed to delivering safe, reliable, and affordable electricity to our valued customers. Consider taking these steps now to help control your energy costs for the upcoming winter season. If you have any questions about setting up SmartHub alerts or have any other questions, please call (970) 879-1160.